The assembly consists of two parts:
- Weather Education based on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- The mobile weather studio comes to your school for the day. Your students will become weather casters for the day. STEM/STEAM infused assembly with green screen technology.
Elements of the assembly include the following:
- Why is there weather?
- Explanation of fronts.
- Why are there seasons?
- Types of storms.
- Interaction with live weather station.
- Types of clouds.
- Types of precipitation.
- What is a weather balloon?
- Weather instruments.
- How a forecast is made.
- The water cycle.
Below: Elementary School Student taking a stab at the weather forecast!
Below: Middle School Student taking a stab at the weather forecast!
In the News…
“Thank you so much for coming to Bradford School today to present the “Weather Tour” assembly what a wonderful experience it was for our students. You captured their attention immediately, and they got a real sense of your passion of meteorology…” [Read More] – Naomi Kirkman, Principal-Bradford School, Montclair
“Our students have described it as the best assembly ever. It is rare that an assembly delivers what you hope, from the advertisement and/or recommendations from other administrators. The assembly matched the Next Generation Science Standards…” [Read More]
-Ronald L. Poles, Principal-Jefferson School, Summit
“The three programs that he presented were all tailored to the audience and kept our students engaged and entertained…” [Read More]
– Robert J. Magnuson, Principal- Oxford School
“Wow! Where do I start? Engaging, Fun, Exciting, Educational, and Common Core / NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards driven, that’s how I would start my descriptions of Mr. John Marshall and his Weather / Science / Math Assembly…” [Read More]
-Ralph Errico, Principal- Franklin Elementary School
“The faculty and I were extremely impressed with your level of preparation and the manner in which you differentiated your program for our primary and upper elementary grades….” [Read More]
– Adam Silverstein, Principal- Manito Elementary School
“I would like to commend you for hosting the Bear Scouts of Readington Cub Scout Pack 1980 at the CBS Studios in New York City…” [Read More]
– Senator Kip Bateman
“Thank you so much for the absolutely fantastic weather assembly…” [Read More]
– Barbara Zabel, 7th grade science teacher- New Brunswick Middle School